Aging in Place for Seniors ~ Kapowich on Real Estate #177 (Seniors and Real Estate series)
Tammi Ngyen, Manager of Catholic Charities Home Care Services Non-medical care-giving services to meet the home care needs of most families and situations. Helping individuals to age in place in the comfort of their own home and community.
Ginger McClure, Program Supervisor for Day Break III Adult Activities center in Sunnyvale, CA Social Adult Day Care designed to help family caregiver maintain a successful hom-ecare environment for their dependent older loved ones who are physically frail and suffering from Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, dementia, or stroke.
Day Break III Day Break Senior Activity Center - Sunnyvale
Older Adult Services
Location: Day Break III Respite and Caregiver Support Services First United Methodist Church 535 Old San Francisco Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086 Contact Person: Ginger McClure, Site Supervisor Tel (408) 530-8734 Fax (408) 530-9095 gmcclure@CatholicCharitiesSCC.org
Do you need help caring for an older loved one? If so, then we can assist you! Day Break is a community-based program in Sunnyvale that provides non-medical care to meet the needs of functionally impaired older adults, while enhancing the quality of life for both the participant and caregiver. Our mission is to help dependent seniors to “age in place” and remain in their family homes for as long as possible. Catholic Charities serves people of all beliefs, cultures, ethnicities, and ages.
Day Break Adult Daycare & Caregiver Support Services can:
• Prevent or delay inappropriate admission to a nursing home
• Increase the dependent older adult’s socialization and recreation
• Improve the quality of life for the dependent older adult and the caregiver
• Enable the dependent older adult to remain in the home as long as possible Services:
Licensed Adult Day Care Program
* Safe and interactive social, recreational, and educational programs * Daily exercise, music, and reminiscing * Nutritious hot lunch and two snacks * Transportation assistance * Individual intake assessments * Personal care plan * Medication reminders * Community linkages
In Home Respite Care Escorted Transportation Caregiver Support Groups Caregiver Education and Training Health Assessments and Screenings
Hours: M-F, 10-3 p.m. (Early Bird hours available)
Fees: For our adult day care program, Day Break offers a sliding scale based on the ability to pay with fees ranging from $20-$60 per day, including a nutritious hot lunch and two snacks. No one is denied service because of inability to pay. All other services are free or have a flat rate. Financial assistance may be available.
Volunteering: Our volunteers are important, have fun, and help make our Day Break program successful. Share a special talent or develop a new skill by working at Day Break! Here are some of our volunteer opportunities:
* Transportation assistance, in-home respite, friendly visiting * Crafts, painting, art projects * Gardening, nature walks, outdoor activities, bird watching * Sing-a-longs, story-telling, puzzles, and games * Dancing, music, exercise * Bring your pets and grandchildren to visit the elders * Answering phones, filing, and errands * Meal preparation, set-up, and clean-up
Realtor Pat Kapowich, Kapowich Real Estate, is a Certified Residential Broker and instructs quarterly in real estate at De Anza College. Contact him at (408) 245-7700 or SiliconValleyBroker@gmail.com
Realtor Pat Kapowich. Broker/Owner Certified Residential Broker ABR, CRS, GRI & SRES Home Sales Expertise and Experience (408) 245-7700