Keeping Seniors in their Home ~ Part 2 ~ Kapowich on Real Estate #178
Tammi Ngyen, Manager of Catholic Charities Home Care Services Non-medical care-giving services to meet the home care needs of most families and situations. Helping individuals to age in place in the comfort of their own home and community.
Ginger McClure, Program Supervisor for Day Break III Adult Activities center in Sunnyvale, CA Social Adult Day Care designed to help family caregiver maintain a successful hom-ecare environment for their dependent older loved ones who are physically frail and suffering from Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, dementia, or stroke.
Day Break III Day Break Senior Activity Center – Sunnyvale
Older Adult Services
Location: Day Break III Respite and Caregiver Support Services First United Methodist Church 535 Old San Francisco Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086 Contact Person: Ginger McClure, Site Supervisor Tel (408) 530-8734 Fax (408) 530-9095 gmcclure@CatholicCharitiesSCC.org
Do you need help caring for an older loved one? If so, then we can assist you! Day Break is a community-based program in Sunnyvale that provides non-medical care to meet the needs of functionally impaired older adults, while enhancing the quality of life for both the participant and caregiver. Our mission is to help dependent seniors to “age in place” and remain in their family homes for as long as possible. Catholic Charities serves people of all beliefs, cultures, ethnicities, and ages.
Day Break Adult Daycare & Caregiver Support Services can:
• Prevent or delay inappropriate admission to a nursing home
• Increase the dependent older adult’s socialization and recreation
• Improve the quality of life for the dependent older adult and the caregiver
• Enable the dependent older adult to remain in the home as long as possible Services:
Licensed Adult Day Care Program
* Safe and interactive social, recreational, and educational programs * Daily exercise, music, and reminiscing * Nutritious hot lunch and two snacks * Transportation assistance * Individual intake assessments * Personal care plan * Medication reminders * Community linkages
In Home Respite Care Escorted Transportation Caregiver Support Groups Caregiver Education and Training Health Assessments and Screenings