Myth #2 Trading-Up/Trading Down is Difficult and Cannot be Done on a Contingent Sale Basis in a Multiple-Offer Situation
- Buyer's agent is unable to communicate a solid presentation.
- Presentations are not done in person with the seller and their representative(s).
- Buyer's agent surprises seller and their representative(s) with an offer contingent upon the sale of the buyer's property.
- Buyer's agent does not explain the contingent offer prior to the presentation (this forces a conversation about a contingent sale among the selling party).
- The buyer's property is not 100% ready for market and/or already under contract.
These sales only occur when the buyer's agent has outstanding presentation, negotiating and communication skills.
Pat Kapowich, "Negotiating Smooth Transactions Throughout The South Bay" SiliconValleyBroker.com